What You’ll Do
As the Associate Director, Engineering you will lead multiple teams, who work on design and delivery of the next generation of digital sales scheduling applications. These applications and technologies span a variety of domains, primarily on web applications in the digital community and CRM space.
● Lead, manage and grow a talented and diverse group of software developers.
● Mentor and motivate engineering talent to build a cohesive and high performing team.
● Work closely with product management to define project scope, priorities and timelines
● Work closely with engineering leadership team to define and implement the technology and architectural strategy.
● Hire and develop a skilled workforce and take initiatives in building peoples career and also align that with the objectives of the organization
● Be a people leader, manage engineering managers who have personnel responsibility and work together to build a high performing team and culture
● Establish a governance model, which includes monthly project reviews, demos, beta, launch and frequent feedback mechanism
● Take complete ownership of project technical roadmap, which includes planning, publishing schedules, milestones, technical solution engineering, risks/mitigations, course corrections, trade-outs, delivery.
● Deliver high-quality scalable systems in a timely and cost-effective manner
● Implement and maintain best practices around Agile software development
● Partner with the Leadership and HR team to roll out and operationalize strategic programs
Qualification and Required Skills:
● At least 15 years of software engineering experience in high volume consumer or enterprise SaaS applications.
● At least 10 years of experience in directly managing a team of high caliber engineers
● Experience with implementing modern and/or Agile scrum development methodologies
● Deep technical knowledge of web application development on highly scalable platforms
● Demonstrated experience in implementing culture, process, tools to deliver high quality software.
● Experience in defining strategic vision and organizational planning.
● Flexible, can-do mentality.
● Must have experience managing engineering managers.
● Proven ability to attract and hire superstar engineering talent.
● Demonstrated ability to execute multiple, complex technical projects.
● A tech enthusiast, who builds technology advocacy, advisory and enablement through a variety of programs.
● Strong communication skills, including the ability to effectively manage, influence, negotiate, and communicate with external business partners and internal teams to meet operational performance goals.
● Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize workloads, maintain a strong attention to detail and work with the group in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment
● A servant leader who naturally puts the team’s success first, and empowers the engineers to be successful
● Experience working with global and cross cultural teams.
● Participate in developing and continuously improving SW engineering practices across all phases including Design, Coding, Testing, CI/CD and thus enhance overall efficiency of R&D organization
● Deep programming experience in at least one language
● Query designing and optimization
● Object oriented programming / UML / Business process/scenarios modelling.