Position: Engineering Manager – Infrastructure & Security
Qualification: BE in Computer Science/IT, MCA, Computer Science/IT, Management Information Systems, or related field
Experience: 8 – 10 years
Roles & Responsibilities
o Implement secure, scalable and automated infrastructure architectures on Public Cloud Platforms (AWS/GCP, etc.).
o Primary point responsible for the overall operability, resiliency, performance, and capacity of owned production services.
o Collaborate with Engineering Leads to execute strategic changes in the Infrastructure based on the product roadmap.
o Collaborate with other SRE’s, L2/Support and Developers in the deployment and scaling of new product features to facilitate rapid iteration and massive growth.
o Develop tools to improve our ability to rapidly deploy and effectively monitor production applications in a large-scale Linux environment.
o Managing small teams of junior DevOps/SRE members and mentoring them.
Mandatory Skill Set
o Proven experience in Cloud Platforms – AWS (preferred)/GCP.
o Proven experience in Linux systems administration.
o Proven production service trouble-shooting skills that span applications, systems and network.
o Strong experience in web application concepts and standards.
o Demonstrated programming skills in any of Ruby/Python/Java, etc.
o Solid understanding of operational principles, such as capacity planning, monitoring and incident handling.
o Very comfortable working in an agile DevOps oriented capacity, alongside Development partners.
o Knowledge in Infrastructure as Code: Ansible/Chef/Salt, Terraform, etc.
o Understanding of Web Frameworks: Rails/Sinatra/Django/Spring etc.
o Strong experience in Databases such as PostgreSQL, MySQL (Hosted and RDS/CloudSQL), NoSQL(Redis, MongoDB, Riak)
o Should have exposure to
• Version Control: Git, SVN.
• Appservers: Passenger (Nginx, Apache)/Puma/Unicorn/mod_wsgi/JBoss.
• Load Balancers: Nginx/HAProxy/F5 BigIP.
• Collaboration & ALM: Trello/TargetProcess/Target Process/Jira.
• Build Tools: Rake/Paver/Ant.
• Continuous Integration: Jenkins/ThoughtWorks GoCD.
• Monitoring & Metrics Tools: Nagios/Zabbix/SaaS monitoring tools like Scout/Datadog.
• APM: NewRelic/Dynatrace/HoneyBadger.
• Log Management: Sumologic/Kibana/Splunk/ELK.
• Container Orchestration: Kubernetes/Mesos/Docker Swarm.
• Cloud Networking: VPC, Calico/Flannel/etc.
• OS: RHEL/Debian and its derivatives. Windows Server 2008/2012/2016, etc.