Position: Principal Architect
Qualification: BTech, MTech, or PhD in Computer Science or related technical discipline (or equivalent)
Experience: 12+ years
Roles & Responsibilities
- Must have hands on experience in architecting, designing and developing Enterprise SaaS/ecommerce platforms with a proven record for scaling, performance, and availability and quality of the platforms.
- Creating architectures and designs for new solutions around existing and new problem spaces at Jifflenow.
- Work closely with a team for a long duration, not as a consultant but as a hands on contributor. We believe that the responsibility of the decisions and choices made by a Principal Architect must be seen through the development and evolution of the product. Be accountable for the impact of your decisions.
- Code! Actively participate in development along with team members for as much as 50-60% of your time, creating modules and systems that can then be treated as a working reflection of the best practices.
- Set up best practices to help the team and drive the adoption of these best practices around coding, design, quality, performance in your team and influence them for the entire organization are also expectations from you. Drive Architecture, Design and code review sessions.
- Drive a culture of curiosity and active debate around technology at Jifflenow.
- Experiment with new and relevant technologies and tools, and drive adoption while measuring yourself on the impact you are able to create
- Be an evangelist for technology and represent Jifflenow in external forums.
- Scope the technical solutions to meet the immediate needs yet have the solution extensible.
- Mentor on approach and execution of solutions, coach on technologies and establishing a team wide comprehension of solution capabilities and direction
- Ensure technical expectations of deliverables are met.
- Maintains strong expertise and knowledge of current and emerging technologies and products.
- Can quickly spike framework options and provide comparison/justification for selection.
- Remove impediment relevant to technology and be catalyst to development team by suggesting tools, better development practices, unit test & coding skills.
Mandatory Skill set
Good to have experience working with Ruby programming and Rails/Sinatra web application development
Should be a polyglot and should have experience working in multiple technologies (example – Java, .Net, Ruby, Python, Scala, Go)
Expertise in software engineering principles, object design, security, data interchange, data management, etc.
Experience working with distributed computing, microservices architecture, outbound integrations are must.
Solid troubleshooting skills and ability to suggest to team members ways to look for root cause of problems.
Solid understanding of the practical application of agile development methods and leading software development teams in an Agile/Lean environment.
Good to have experience working with infrastructure architecture team in helping incorporate necessary support/automation required in development.
Expert in open source software/technology