Position: Principal Engineer
Qualification: B.E. / B.Tech. / M.E. / M.Tech. / M.S. in Computer Science, electronics or related field from a premier institute.
Experience: 8-10+ yrs
- Design, and develop Jifflenow’s SAAS based products and solutions including Web interfaces, backend, API support, and self-service platforms.
- Work closely with peers and product managers to develop great technical design and approach for new product development.
- Use Test Driven Development methodologies for testing unit level and functional level process.
- Keeps Logging and Monitoring first in everything we build.
- Leverage various AWS based cloud services.
- Follow AGILE/SCRUM methodologies and processes in building the software.
- Translate business requirements into scalable and extensible design.
- Continuously refactor applications to ensure high quality design.
- Write high quality code that are modular, functional and testable; Establish the best coding practices.
- Formally mentor junior engineers on design, coding and troubleshooting.
Requirements and Skills
- Experience in Web application development using Java/Kotlin, PostgreSQL, nGinx, and RHEL environment.
- Expert Java programmer with a deep understanding of the JVM, the Java memory model.
- Extensive experience with distributed computing, microservices, CQRS, performance analysis and Linux.
- Extensive experience in database design and development.
- Strong working knowledge of design principles and architectural patterns.
- Must write unit test code in Junit or other Unit Testing environments
- Must have understanding of software configuration management and exposure to GitHub.
- Must have followed Agile / SCRUM methodologies for at least two projects.
- Having worked on SAAS applications or cloud based architecture will be an added advantage.
- Soft Skills – should be agile and should adapt to needs. Work would demand learning new technologies.
- Ability to take ownership and execute in a startup environment.