The Ideal Candidate Will Possess The Following Experience
- Ability to challenge / influence stakeholders with their technical/management leadership
- Sheer technical competency
- Ability to understand business drivers for technical decisions, effectiveness of dealing with product managers/customers
- Passion for developing and mentoring people
Roles And Responsibilities
- Define and implement a strategy for successful delivery of strategic commerce cloud services and market expansion.
- Responsible for day-to-day management of Services development team to ensure technical quality, product quality, and efficient use of resources.
- Create a culture that insists on meeting expectations, and delivering value
- Be a thought leader in designing services for next generation commerce. Manage and lead team to deliver high-performance RESTful web services that are adaptable to dynamic business needs, influence ideation & unique problem solving
- Scoping, Planning, and technical architecture for all projects for commerce.
- Partner with Product Management, Architecture, Operations, and other delivery teams to ensure effective launch and delivery of projects to satisfy business needs
- Help the organization scale and grow with the business
- Apply best-practices and coding patterns that ensure solutions are maintainable, modular, and of high code-quality.
- Drive automated solutions that enable better efficiency and process improvement
- Grow and manage the skills and talent in the organization. Manage People Resource processes related to objectives definitions, regular check-in, assessment and compensation.
Qualifications And Experience
- 12+ years software development experience and recently in product companies
- Excellent hands-on knowledge in C/C++ with a focus on enterprise solutions. Knowledge and previous experience of other languages including Java and Python is an added bonus
- The successful candidate is likely to have a varied background and be familiar with a broad range of technologies and infrastructure
- Understanding of distributed computing and complex multi-tier applications.
- Demonstrable implementation experience of high performance, highly concurrent, multi-threaded solutions.
- Experience of performance analysis, benchmarking, and trouble-shooting including data gathering, scalability testing, and system profiling is an advantage.
- Familiar with one of the major server virtualization products (preferably VMware ESXi/vSphere)
- BS/BE/master’s in computer science/equivalent
- Experience working with other geographies is a must
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, attention to detail.
- Hard-working with a “whatever it takes” attitude.
- Able to demonstrate effective teamwork both within the immediate team and across teams.
- Excellent communication (written & spoken) skills.
- Working experience with Agile processes and Devops / CI/CD is a must
- Demonstrable experience in coaching and mentoring people
- Passion and initiative to work in an exciting environment, working on interesting projects and delivering new technologies and products to the marketplace.