Position: UI Architect
Qualification: BTech, MTech, or PhD in Computer Science or related technical discipline (or equivalent)
Experience: 10+ years
Roles & Responsibilities
● Must have hands on experience in architecting, designing and developing Enterprise SaaS/ecommerce platforms with a proven record for scaling, performance, and availability and quality of the platforms.
● Creating architectures and designs for new solutions around existing and new problem spaces at Jifflenow.
● Lead and direct UI team of user experience designers, UI software engineers and graphic designers.
● Design UI framework, modular and it’s API interfaces.
● Design intuitive look, innovative plus feel of next-generation UI.
● Collaborate with product management, UX team, Graphic designers and UI team.
● Design entire technical architecture of UI framework along with pluggable modules.
● Ensure to advocate for user-centric research.
● Design to wide organization using strategic relationships, presentations and influence.
● Bring UI as a service concept which can be used for various products
● Recommend processes, services, software and other tools to support business objectives pertinent to user interfaces as well as infrastructure technologies.
● Ensure to understand needs as well as disparate technologies existing in use through engage platform plus drive towards convergence.
● Ensure to guide process and technology adoption to assure apt QA testing of User Interfaces application.
● Contribute to enhance design process.
● Plan and execute usability evaluation along with testing across UI development stages.
● Code! Actively participate in development along with team members for as much as 50% of your time, creating modules and systems that can then be treated as a working reflection of the best practices.
● Set up best practices to help the team and drive the adoption of these best practices around coding, design, quality, performance in your team and influence them for the entire organization are also expectations from you. Drive Architecture, Design and code review sessions.
● Drive a culture of curiosity and active debate around technology at Jifflenow.
● Experiment with new and relevant technologies and tools, and drive adoption while measuring yourself on the impact you are able to create
● Be an evangelist for technology and represent Jifflenow in external forums.
● Scope the technical solutions to meet the immediate needs yet have the solution extensible.
● Mentor on approach and execution of solutions, coach on technologies and establishing a team wide comprehension of solution capabilities and direction
● Ensure technical expectations of deliverables are met.
● Maintains strong expertise and knowledge of current and emerging technologies and products.
● Can quickly spike framework options and provide comparison/justification for selection.
● Remove impediment relevant to technology and be catalyst to development team by suggesting tools, better development practices, unit test & coding skills.
Mandatory Skill set
● Experience in integrating with back end using APIs
● Good to have experience in either IOS or Android.
● Expertise in software engineering principles, object design, security, data interchange, data management, etc.
● Experience working with distributed computing, microservices architecture, outbound integrations are must.
● Solid troubleshooting skills and ability to suggest to team members ways to look for root cause of problems.
● Solid understanding of the practical application of agile development methods and leading software development teams in an Agile/Lean environment.
● Expert in open source software/technology